The Beaver County Transit Authority will hold a public hearing at 4:00 pm on Friday, April 1, 2022 to receive public comments regarding proposed service changes to the Fixed Route Service System and a Fare Increase on Express 4 Service. Service Changes which if approved would take place on Monday, May 2, 2022 and Fare Changes which if approved would take place on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. The hearing will be held in the Board Room of the BCTA Transportation Center, located at 200 West Washington Street, Rochester, PA 15074. Written comments regarding the proposed changes will be accepted until 3:00 pm on Friday, April 15, 2022. All written comments should be mailed or delivered in person to BCTA, 200 West Washington Street, Rochester, PA 15074. Persons not able to attend the meeting may review the proposed modifications by contacting Terri Riley, Technology & Data Specialist at 724-728-4255 to schedule an appointment prior to the date of the public hearing. All comments received in person or in writing will be reviewed by BCTA’s Board of Directors and taken into consideration when making any final decisions regarding the proposed changes to the service and the fare increase on Express 4.
Proposed Changes for May 2, 2022:
- Change revenue start time on Route 1 to 4:47 a.m. and move all subsequent bus stops forward five minutes so that departure time from Ambridge Park and Ride is 5:50 a.m.
- End Route 1 trip in Chippewa at Dunhams at 10:12 p.m.
- End Route 2 trip in Aliquippa at 10:50 p.m.
Prior Changes During Covid That Remain:
- Terminate Route 3
- Reduce Express 4 trips from 11 to 3
- Reduced Route 1 trips from 37 to 33
- No changes to Route 11
- No changes to Route 2
Proposed Fare Increase
- Route 4 Express – $4.00 to $5.00, effective July 5, 2022