Do you like helping others? Then you will want to be a part of our team. The Beaver County Transit Authority is looking for a Technician(Mechanic). As a Technician for BCTA, you will provide safe, reliable transportation for our communities citizens. Our Fleet provides older adults and people with disabilities live independent, quality lives by providing them access to all of our community services. Come join us and be a part of helping our residents live a more independent, quality life.
Qualified candidates will be able to perform maintenance inspections, repairs, preventable maintenance duties, and electronic skills. Requires demonstrated mechanical aptitude, ability to work with the tools of the trade, attention to detail and effective communication skills. ASE certification a plus. BCTA offers a Great Working Environment with a Professional Shop including heated floors!!!
· A rewarding career giving back to your community
· Starting wages of $18.54 – $21.72 hour
· Pay Increases
· Medical,Dental and Vision insurance
· Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability plan
· Paid time off
· BCTA is a drug/alcohol free work place
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2 years experience with heavy duty, diesel, truck or transit
· ASE Certifications a plus!
· A valid Class B CDL driver’s license with a Passenger endorsement(will train the right candidate)
· Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check, along with a DOT medical examination including drug screening
BCTA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer