This position is responsible for maintaining all BCTA facilities including the Rochester Transportation Center (RTC) and the Expressway Travel Center (ETC) and all BCTA equipment, park and ride, bus shelters/benches and building grounds keeping as authorized by the Maintenance Manager. This is a highly skilled mechanical and electrical craftsman position. This position oversees facility contracts and contractors. This position maintains a major role in short term and long term capital planning for BCTA construction projects as well as an oversight role during construction.
Leadership, organizational and communication skills required; advanced certifications and/or formal training required; full knowledge of welding, repairing and troubleshooting electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; utilizing quality processes and practicing safety methods; understanding of the regulatory environment as it pertains to facility maintenance and workplace safety
- A rewarding career giving back to your community
- Pay Increases
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability plan
- Paid time off
- BCTA is a drug/alcohol free work place
- High school diploma or GED required along with advanced certifications and/or specialized diploma; considerable experience in building maintenance operations and management; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work; up to date on all aspects of mechanical, electrical and electronic components, plumbing, HVAC, and pneumatic equipment; demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communications skills; physical capability to perform all aspects. Safe and appropriate use of the tools of the trade.
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check, and a drug screening
BCTA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer